How Can I Complain ?

  1.  We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or    concerned about the service, we have provided you should inform us immediately so we can      do our best to resolve the problem.
  2.    In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to          discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make    a formal complaint, you can read our full complaints procedure. Making a complaint will not           affect how we handle your case OR matter.

   What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

   3.1  The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves.             They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.


   3.2 We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this           time, you may be able to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. Generally, this applies if you              are an individual, a business with fewer than 10 employees and turnover or assets not                    exceeding a certain threshold, a charity or membership organization with a net annual i                   ncome of less than £1m, a trustee of a trust with an asset value of less than £1m, or if you               fall within certain other categories (you can find out more from the Legal Ombudsman). The             Legal Ombudsman will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we                 handle your matter.

   3.3 Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you                  have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your                      complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. 

          a)  Within six months of receiving our final response to your complaint and 

           b) No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or       

           c) No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was                         cause for complaint;

 3.4 If you would like more information, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:                        

          a) Visiting

          b) Calling 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 00

          c) Writing to to Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

 3.5  Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) bodies exist which are competent to deal with                           complaints  about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We         are willing to enter into an ADR process with [include name of scheme, subject to your                     agreement. This will involve [state what the ADR process involves (including whether there             are  any costs and who pays), which will vary depending on the ADR provider you have                   chosen. 

 4   What to do if you are unhappy with our behavior 

  4.1 The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can help if you are concerned about our behavior.             This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly              because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

 4.2 The SRA’s website contains information raising concerns about solicitors and law firms.