Anti-money Laundering Policy
1. To comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing requirements, we are likely to ask you for proof of your identity and we may conduct searches or enquiries for this purpose. We may also be required to identify and verify the identity of other persons such as directors or beneficial owners. If you or they do not provide us with the required information promptly, your matter may be delayed.
2. You agree that we may make checks using online electronic verification systems or other databases as we may decide.
3. You must not send us any money until we have told you these checks have been completed.
4. We will not usually charge you for identification and verification checks, but we reserve the right to do so where the checks are likely to be significantly more time-consuming than we would normally expect.
5. We may ask you to confirm the source of any money you have sent us or will send us. If you do not provide us with that information promptly, your matter may be delayed.
6. Any personal data we receive from you for the purpose of preventing money laundering or terrorist financing will be used only for that purpose or:
6.1 with your consent; or
6.2 as permitted by or under another enactment
7. We are professionally and legally obliged to keep your affairs confidential. However, we may be required by law to make a disclosure to the National Crime Agency where we know or suspect that a transaction may involve money laundering or terrorist financing. If we make a disclosure in relation to your matter, we may not be able to tell you that a disclosure has been made. We may have to stop working on your matter for a period and may not be able to tell you why.
8. Subject to section 7 (‘Our liability to you’), we shall not be liable for any loss arising from or connected with our compliance with any statutory obligation, or reasonable belief we may have, to report matters to the relevant authorities under the provisions of the money laundering and/or terrorist financing legislation.